Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I consult for fissure sealants?
You can visit your local dental clinic and children can visit a pediatric dentist for applying dental sealants. A dentist or dental hygienists are qualified professionals to perform this procedure.
2. Will fissure sealants make My teeth feel different?
Anything that is placed new in the mouth can be felt by the tongue. In the case of fissure sealants, there is no irritation of any kind; they are very thin and only cover the pits and fissures of molar teeth.
3. What is the significance of brushing and flossing after sealants are applied to the teeth?
Brushing and flossing are important to maintain good oral hygiene. Dental sealants are only meant to prevent any tooth decay in the coming years; they are just one part of a child’s preventive dentistry program.
4. What will happen If a small cavity is mistakenly covered By a sealant?
There is no need to worry, because the cavity will not spread as it will be cut off from its food and germ supply.
5. Is sealant application a complicated dental procedure?
No. Sealant application is a fast and simple dental procedure. It takes only one visit to the dentist and removing or drilling of tooth structure is not required.
6. How can I prevent dental cavities or caries?
- Regularly clean the teeth
- Have a diet low in sugar
- Use water or toothpaste or salt which contains small amounts of fluoride.
- Brush teeth twice a day - once in the morning and once before going to bed
- Floss your teeth once a day. This removes the bacteria and food particles that may be stuck between the teeth
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Rashmi Singh Thakur. (2015, December 17). Dental Sealants - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 19, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevent-tooth-decay-in-children-by-using-dental-sealants-faqs.htm.
Dr. Rashmi Singh Thakur. "Dental Sealants - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 19, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevent-tooth-decay-in-children-by-using-dental-sealants-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Rashmi Singh Thakur. "Dental Sealants - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevent-tooth-decay-in-children-by-using-dental-sealants-faqs.htm. (accessed May 19, 2022).
Dr. Rashmi Singh Thakur. 2021. Dental Sealants - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 19, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevent-tooth-decay-in-children-by-using-dental-sealants-faqs.htm.