It's an electromagnetic wave different from sound waves.
The frequencies of waves employed for medical purposes are between 5,00,000 and 3,000,000 cycles/sec.(6✔)
Generation of Ultrasonic waves
Ultrasonic waves are generated by vibration of a Crystal mounted on a special head.
- Initial Stage - 3 to 4 min
- Severe Stage - 6 to 8 min
- Inflammation of Elbow Joint (Tennis elbow)
Plantar Fasciitis(Heel pain)
- Shortening of Muscle or Ligament
- Inflammation of tendons (For eg Supraspinatus tendinitis)
- Ligament sprain (For eg Lateral Ligament sprain of ankle)
- Unhealed scars
Where should it not be used?
- Avoidance to specialised structures such as eyes, ears,ovaries or testes.
- Growing ends of bones
- Uterus of pregnant women
- Areas with poor blood supply (In case of Diabetes)
- Relief of pain
- Healing of Soft tissues (Ligament)
- Healing of unhealed scars
- Cavitation (Damage to bones)
- Therapeutic Heat - (https://fadavispt.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1932§ionid=141707499)
- Sample Records For Cryotherapy - (https://www.science.gov/topicpages/c/cryotherapy.html)
- Light Therapy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2223§ionid=173788506)
- Contrast Bath Therapy - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_bath_therapy)
- Shortwave And Microwave Diathermy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=465§ionid=40195359)
- Ultrasonics - (https://www.encyclopedia.com/science-and-technology/physics/physics/ultrasonics)
- Therapeutic Massage Techniques - (https://www.physioblasts.org/f/public/1366280192_429_FT0_technique_of_massage.pdf)
- The Properties Of Water And Their Applications for Training - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4327375/)