Relaxed passive movements
It is a Movement performed on the Joints by the Therapist, when the muscles or joints are affected.
Why to do?
- To obtain full range of the Movement in the joint
- For General relaxation
- Memorization of the Movement pattern (Bed ridden person)
- For Lymph Drainage
Where it should not be used?
- Therapeutic Heat - (https://fadavispt.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1932§ionid=141707499)
- Sample Records For Cryotherapy - (https://www.science.gov/topicpages/c/cryotherapy.html)
- Light Therapy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2223§ionid=173788506)
- Contrast Bath Therapy - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_bath_therapy)
- Shortwave And Microwave Diathermy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=465§ionid=40195359)
- Ultrasonics - (https://www.encyclopedia.com/science-and-technology/physics/physics/ultrasonics)
- Therapeutic Massage Techniques - (https://www.physioblasts.org/f/public/1366280192_429_FT0_technique_of_massage.pdf)
- The Properties Of Water And Their Applications for Training - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4327375/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2019, November 11). Types of Physiotherapy - Relaxed passive movements. Medindia. Retrieved on May 19, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes_relaxed.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Types of Physiotherapy - Relaxed passive movements". Medindia. May 19, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes_relaxed.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Types of Physiotherapy - Relaxed passive movements". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes_relaxed.htm. (accessed May 19, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Types of Physiotherapy - Relaxed passive movements. Medindia, viewed May 19, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes_relaxed.htm.