It's an electromagnetic wave used for treatment purposes with wavelength between infra-red rays and short wave diathermic waves.(5)
The heat energy obtained from the wave is used for giving relief to the patient.
- Micro-wave diathermy waves used for treatment is of Wave length - 12.25 cm
- Frequency - 2,450 cycles/sec
Production of Waves
The waves are obtained by heating special type of valve called Magnetron. The output is carried to a small aerial and microwaves are emitted.
Where it should not be used?
- Tuberculosis of Bone
- Recent exposure to X-rays
- Defective blood circulation (In cases like Diabetes)
- Pain is relieved
- Healing of infections is faster
- Aids in relaxation
- Injuries to eyes
- Therapeutic Heat - (https://fadavispt.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1932§ionid=141707499)
- Sample Records For Cryotherapy - (https://www.science.gov/topicpages/c/cryotherapy.html)
- Light Therapy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2223§ionid=173788506)
- Contrast Bath Therapy - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_bath_therapy)
- Shortwave And Microwave Diathermy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=465§ionid=40195359)
- Ultrasonics - (https://www.encyclopedia.com/science-and-technology/physics/physics/ultrasonics)
- Therapeutic Massage Techniques - (https://www.physioblasts.org/f/public/1366280192_429_FT0_technique_of_massage.pdf)
- The Properties Of Water And Their Applications for Training - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4327375/)