Modalities used in Physiotherapy Wax Bath
Paraffin wax is used for the treatment.
The temperature of the wax is in the range between 40° to 44°c.(1Therapeutic Heat
Go to source)
The heat energy obtained from the hot wax is used to relieve pain and stiffness of the joints.
When to apply?
This is applied over Joints of legs and hands
Where it should not be used?
If the area to be treated has:
- Joint pain and stiffness is relived
- Skin becomes smooth and moist
- Causes relaxing effect
The time duration for the treatment is about 30-45 minutes
- Therapeutic Heat - (https://fadavispt.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=1932§ionid=141707499)
- Sample Records For Cryotherapy - (https://www.science.gov/topicpages/c/cryotherapy.html)
- Light Therapy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2223§ionid=173788506)
- Contrast Bath Therapy - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_bath_therapy)
- Shortwave And Microwave Diathermy - (https://accessphysiotherapy.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=465§ionid=40195359)
- Ultrasonics - (https://www.encyclopedia.com/science-and-technology/physics/physics/ultrasonics)
- Therapeutic Massage Techniques - (https://www.physioblasts.org/f/public/1366280192_429_FT0_technique_of_massage.pdf)
- The Properties Of Water And Their Applications for Training - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4327375/)
Latest Publications and Research on Types of Physiotherapy
- The Physiotherapy Intervention for Shoulder Pain in Patients Treated for Breast Cancer: Systematic Review. - Published by PubMed
- Importance of diet in reducing cancer incidence in Poland: a review - Published by PubMed
- Low Dose Resistance Exercise: A Pilot Study Examining Effects on Blood Pressure and Augmentation Index Between Intensities. - Published by PubMed
- Effects of Small-Sided Soccer Games on Physical Fitness, Physiological Responses, and Health Indices in Untrained Individuals and Clinical Populations: A Systematic Review. - Published by PubMed
- Do patients benefit from physiotherapy for shoulder dysfunction following neck dissection? A systematic review. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2019, November 11). Types of Physiotherapy. Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Types of Physiotherapy". Medindia. Jun 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Types of Physiotherapy". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes.htm. (accessed Jun 28, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Types of Physiotherapy. Medindia, viewed Jun 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/physiotherapytypes.htm.