Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for a tight foreskin?

You need to consult a general physician or a urologist.

2. Is it true that following surgery (circumcision), adult males become impotent?

This is untrue. The only consequences post circumcision are that an exposed glans can be very sensitive for up to three months and during this period, a person may not have erection.

3. Can circumcision prevent cancer of penis?

It is true that if circumcision is done just after birth, it can prevent cancer of penis in adults. However, if it is done at a later stage there is no difference to the incidence of cancer of penis.

4. Is circumcision necessary?

The pros of circumcision is that it is known to drop the risk of acquiring urinary tract infections, HIV, human papillomavirus and herpes virus.

However, of late, many groups in countries that perform circumcision routinely are advising against the procedure as parents realize the risks and harms of it. They prefer to leave their wards “intact” - a term used for a non circumcised penis. The reason being, that the foreskin does not pose any problem in 80% of the world’s population where it is not removed.


JamesTT Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sometimes a bacteria buildup can be the cause of the foreskin tightness. It is imperative that you clean out the foreskin every single day. I use a penis health creme that contains Vitamin A as well just to make sure things are extra clean down there. Vitamin A is anti-bacterial and will help destroy any leftover bacteria. These cremes are really helpful. Hope this info helps.

mike072 Tuesday, June 11, 2013

after the completion of surgery glans is very sensitive to the atmospher how can it harden.and for 3 to 4 weeks how can it covered if it is sensitive

Phimosisguy Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I noticed someone mentioned glanspro and I've tried it for my phimosis . I also recommend talking to your doctor and getting a prescription for betamethasone.

mranuj Thursday, March 1, 2012

i am suffering from phimosis since by birth what do i do.?

spindizzle Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I was diagnosed with phimosis a year ago and the doctor recommended circumcision. After months of research and all the negative feedback about circumcision, I decided to look for a home based solution. I tried betamethasone, which worked at first, but I could feel my foreskin getting tighter, maybe my body got used to it or something. I bought the glanspro and I now i alternate between the glanspro and betamethason. I spend a few minutes a day and so far its worked for me. But again, don't try anything without consulting doctor.

subhrochakraborty Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have phimosis.give doctor add at kolkata,how much expences it.give deatails pleases.

View More Comments

Most Popular on Medindia