Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which specialist should I see if I have Obsessive compulsive disorder?

You should consult a Psychiatrist.

2. How do I get help for Obsessive compulsive disorder?

People with this disorder will probably not seek treatment as few realize that they are having a problem. Once this condition is recognized the patient should seek help from healthcare organization or family physician who can refer them to specialists or mental health centers.

3. How can the patient’s family help them cope with Obsessive compulsive disorder?

People suffering from this condition usually try to hide their problems from the family or co-workers. Therefore it becomes difficult for the family to give support and help in time. It is the family who also suffers from the patient's habits, which could get very irritating at times. During these trying times the family should provide reassurance to the patient and avoid showing anger or resentment.


Muthuraman Friday, July 15, 2011

sir i am taking past 5 years pPRODEP 20mg tablet but still i suffering from this disorder please help me...

suzane_fadrik Thursday, September 30, 2010

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality disorder tends to occur in families, so genes may be involved. Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder most often occurs in men. Anxiety Disorders such as generalized Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Social Phobia, Specific Phobias, Mood Disorders, and Eating Disorders often co-occur with this disorder.

Most Popular on Medindia