The History of dieting probably dates back to the year 1807. It was believed that King William suddenly started feeling it difficult to ride his horse as he had put on weight. As a result of this he was said to have spent the rest of his life in bed, consuming only alcohol as a substitute for his regular food, in order to loose weight.
King Williams life was however short-lived as he succumbed to injuries after his horse fell the very same year (1807). Although the success of King Williams alcohol (Liquid diet) cannot be proven, one feels that his theory of dieting might have actually been partially successful, as he was back to riding his horse before his fateful accident.
Our love for food will be the death of us! – Anonymous
- Summerfield.L.M, Nutrition, Exercise and Behavior, 2001, Wadsworth/Thomson Nutrition.
- Katch. F.I, McArdle, Nutrition, Weight Control and Exercise, 1997, Houghtons Mufflin Company.
- Manual of Dietetic Practice, 2002, 3rd Edition, Blackwell Publishing.
- Negative-calorie food - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_calorie_diet)
- Negative Calorie Diet Review - (http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/diets/negative-calorie-diet/)
- Some Negative Calorie Foods - (http://www.healthrecipes.com/negative_calorie_foods.htm)
- Diet Plans List - (http://www.dietbites.com/article0159.html)
Latest Publications and Research on Negative Calorie Diet
- Metabolic benefits of gastric bypass surgery in the mouse: The role of fecal losses. - Published by PubMed