Last Updated on Mar 30, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for an MSG allergy?

A family physician or emergency medicine doctor can be consulted for an MSG allergy. In severe cases, it is best to visit the casualty department of the nearest hospital.

2. What percentage of the population is allergic to MSG?

MSG allergies affect a small amount of the population roughly ranging between two and five percentage.

3. How long does it take for an allergic reaction to present?

The milder symptoms tend to show up within the first half hour to one hour. These symptoms usually slowly disappear in another two or three hours. Some reactions may surface later within 48 hours.

Most Popular on Medindia