Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I consult to prevent a miscarriage?
You can consult a Gynecologist.
2. How do I know I had a miscarriage?
If you have mild to heavy bleeding, abdominal cramps, fever, chills or severe pain contact you doctor immediately. These could be the signs of a miscarriage.
3. Can I get pregnant after a miscarriage?
Yes. The chance of a successful pregnancy after a spontaneous miscarriage is very good.
4. How can I prevent a miscarriage in the future?
You can prevent miscarriages by-
- Seeking early prenatal care
- Avoid exposure to environmental hazards (like x-rays, drugs, smoking, alcohol, high levels of caffeine and infectious diseases).
- Contact your doctor for any signs of threatened abortion (bleeding or abdominal pain)
5. Does exercising or having sex cause miscarriage?
No. There are certain misconceptions that need to be clarified about abortion.
Remember the following are NOT the causes of abortion:
- Having sex
- Lifting heavy objects
- Nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy even if severe, will not cause a miscarriage
- Finally, it is unlikely that a fall or a blow can cause an abortion. The fetus is unlikely to be harmed by an injury unless the injury is serious enough to threaten your own life.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, September 26). Miscarriage - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscarriage-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Miscarriage - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscarriage-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Miscarriage - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscarriage-faq.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Miscarriage - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscarriage-faq.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
20 years experience
Sri Ram Hospital , Krishnarajapuram
4 years experience
Punarjjani womens health hospital , Ernakulam