You must consult your physician and a dietician who can give you the right information about the diet plan.
2. Is it compulsory to consume wine when on a Mediterranean diet?
Wine should be considered optional and avoided when consumption would put the individual at a health risk.
3. What is aromatic olive oil?
Aromatic olive oil has been produced in Greece since time immemorial. This oil has spices and herbs added to it. It is known worldwide for its medicinal, astringent and antioxidant properties. Herbs supply antioxidant properties to the oil and prevent its oxidation. As a bonus the flavor is also improved.
Ingredients of aromatic olive oil are as follows-
- Spices - cardamom, coriander, cedar fruit, nutmeg, cumin seed, aniseed, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, guinea grains, fennel seed.
- Herbs and aromatic plants - basil, bay, oregano, marjoram, mint, sage, spearmint, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, savory, fresh fennel, coriander, parsley, dill.
- Vegetables - red hot peppers, red sweet peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, capers, Chinese mushrooms, truffles.