Must Know Facts For Transplant Recipients
- A transplant is a precious gift, which will give you a new lease of life.
- Under no circumstance should you stop your ANTI-REJECTION TABLETS (CYCLOSPORIN / PREDNISOLONE AND AZATHIOPRINE) or any other combination of drugs.
- If drug cost is a major factor, discuss this with your Kidney specialist. He may be able to help you by changing the drugs or altering its dose.
- You are more prone to infections – Don’t take episodes of fever lightly, immediately report this to your Kidney Specialist.
- You can lead as normal life as your next-door neighbor without the need for fluid or dietary restrictions.
- Your best friend is your KIDNEY SPECIALIST and you should always consult him for any problems without the slightest hesitation.
Kidney Transplantation - References
- Smith’s General Urology (15th Edition)
- Emil A. Tanagho, MD and Jack W. McAninch, MD
- The McGraw- Hill Companies
- Kidney transplant - (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003005.htm)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. (2021, July 28). Kidney Transplantation - Must Know Facts . Medindia. Retrieved on May 21, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation_facts.htm.
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. "Kidney Transplantation - Must Know Facts ". Medindia. May 21, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation_facts.htm>.
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. "Kidney Transplantation - Must Know Facts ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation_facts.htm. (accessed May 21, 2022).
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. 2021. Kidney Transplantation - Must Know Facts . Medindia, viewed May 21, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation_facts.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Urologist for your problem? Ask your question
34 years experience
Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Mogappair
+ 1 more