Frequently Asked Questions
You must consult a nephrologist.
2. How can I take care of myself if I have kidney stones?
- Follow your doctor's instructions.
- Make sure you drink enough liquids.
- Watch for signs of kidney infection, such as fever, chills, sweats and worsening back or abdominal pain.
- Get help, if you need it, with the straining of your urine.
- Take the pain medicine prescribed by your doctor.
- Make sure you tell your doctor if any difficulties or questions arise.
3. What can be done to help prevent kidney stones?
If you do not have any underlying health problems, the most important thing is to drink plenty of water daily. The goal should be to urinate from 2 to 4 liters per day. Make sure you avoid getting dehydrated.
There are no specific dietary recommendations until a stone from your system has been analyzed. After analysis your diet can be evaluated.