Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I consult for the problem of erectile dysfunction?
You have to visit a urologist or andrologist if you suffer from erectile dysfunction. If urologist is not available you could consult a sexologist.
2. Are there any side effects of papaverine injection, which is used to produce an erection?
One common side effect of papaverine injection is priapism i.e. the occurrence of persistent painful erection for more than four hours duration in the absence of sexual stimulation.
3. What are the side effects of the alprostadil pellet inserted in the urethra for an erection?
The most common side effects are of alprostadil pellet are-
- Aching in the penis, testicles, and area between penis and rectum
- Warmth or burning sensation in urethra
- Redness due to increased blood flow to the penis
- Minor urethral bleeding or spotting
With your doctor's guidance you can try out medicines from complementary medicines practitioners like -
- Nutritional supplements - Amino acid arginine, bioflavonoids, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E, and flaxseed meal can improve erectile function.
- Herbal medicines- Asian ginseng and Ginkgo biloba
- But also do remember that aerobic exercises too are known to improve erectile dysfunction.