Infertility is assessed on the basis of complete medical history and physical examination of both partners.
Some or all the tests mentioned below may be required.
Tests In Women May Include-
- Serum hormonal levels (blood tests) - follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and serum progesterone
- Monitoring cervical mucus changes throughout the menstrual cycle.
- Endometrial biopsy
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
- Pelvic examination to check for cysts or damage to the endometrium.
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Thyroid function test
Tests In Men May Include-
- Semen analysis to evaluate volume, viscosity of semen, sperm count, motility, swimming speed and shape of sperm.
- Testicular biopsy
- Ultrasound to check for ejaculatory duct obstruction, retrograde ejaculation, or other abnormality.
- Serum hormonal levels (blood tests) - testosterone and other male hormones.