How can We Diagnose Gallstones?
The ideal test for diagnosing gallstones is ultrasonography.
Other tests to diagnose gallstones include -
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Magnetic resonance cholangio-pancreatography (MRCP)
- Cholescintigraphy (HIDA scan)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP)
- Liver and pancreatic blood tests
- Duodenal drainage
- Oral cholecystogram (OCG)
- Intravenous cholangiogram (IVC)
The doctor might advise blood tests like -
- Liver function tests
- Pancreatic enzymes