How can Presbycusis be Treated?
The strategies to help people with presbycusis are -
- Hearing aids may be recommended for some individuals.
- Telephone amplifiers and other assistive listening devices can provide further improvement in hearing ability in certain situations.
- Training in speech reading (using visual cues to determine what is being spoken) can help to understand better what is being said in conversations.
- Cochlear implants are done for younger people with hearing loss.
- Majority of people with autoimmune hearing loss recover substantial amounts of the loss with corticosteroid and other anti-immune treatments.
- Patients are advised to wear earplugs or special fluid-filled earmuffs to prevent further damage to hearing.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, September 25). How can Presbycusis be Treated?. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 02, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-presbycusis-be-treated.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "How can Presbycusis be Treated?". Medindia. Dec 02, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-presbycusis-be-treated.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "How can Presbycusis be Treated?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-presbycusis-be-treated.htm. (accessed Dec 02, 2023).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2014. How can Presbycusis be Treated?. Medindia, viewed Dec 02, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-presbycusis-be-treated.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Audiologist for your problem? Ask your question
14 years experience