How can Miscarriage be Treated?
- If the USG reveals that miscarriage is complete and the uterus is empty, then no further treatment is usually required.
- Occasionally, the uterus is not completely emptied and there is continued bleeding, pain or a fever, so a dilation and curettage (D&C) procedure is performed to avoid the risk of serious infection. The fetal tissue must be removed from the uterus. This procedure is done under anesthesia, the cervix is gradually dilated and the tissue is gently removed.
- Certain medications (misoprostol) can be prescribed, as an alternative to D&C, to cause the body to expel the contents in the uterus.
- In cases of threatened abortion, bed rest and medicines to reduce pain may be prescribed until the bleeding or pain has stopped. A cervical cerclage is required in women with cervical incompetence.
- If a chromosomal problem is found in one or both spouses, then counseling regarding future risks is the only option. There is currently no method to correct genetic problems.
- If a structural problem is encountered with the uterus, surgical correction could be contemplated. It should be emphasized that just because a structural abnormality is found, it does not necessarily mean that it is the cause of miscarriage.
- Adequate control of diabetes and thyroid disease is critical in trying to prevent recurrent pregnancy loss in women with those conditions.
- For women with antibody problems, certain medicines have been found to be useful in achieving successful pregnancy outcomes. Blood thinners, such as heparin, baby aspirin, and even the addition of steroids can, prevent further pregnancy loss in some cases.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, September 26). How can Miscarriage be Treated?. Medindia. Retrieved on Mar 26, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-miscarriage-be-treated.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "How can Miscarriage be Treated?". Medindia. Mar 26, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-miscarriage-be-treated.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "How can Miscarriage be Treated?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-miscarriage-be-treated.htm. (accessed Mar 26, 2023).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. How can Miscarriage be Treated?. Medindia, viewed Mar 26, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/how-can-miscarriage-be-treated.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
16 years experience
Vijaya Maternity Home and Metro IVF, New CG Road, Ahmedabad
25 years experience
Dr Padmasini, Anna Nagar, CHENNAI
8 years experience
38 years experience
SANTATI, Arvind Hospital, Near Khuda Bukax Khan Library, Patna
Please help me Because i have a miscarriage problem within 2/3 month.How i take baby without any risk. i already 3 baby loose. I don't take a chance to loose another baby.
First you have to find out why miscarriage happens. Factors behind them. I always follow the same procedure for the patient. Dr. Uday Thanawala Infertility Expert
Having a miscarriage is painful to the woman. They need emotional support during this time.
and the man don't? i would have been devastated if my fiancee had a miscarriage and we would support each other if 'your man' does not support you through an experience such as a miscarriage you need to reevaluate your choice in men
Hi friends i have mediclaim policy from new india assurance
can i get claim for missed abortion in 8th week. missed abortion means fetus died in womb as natrral rejection and required to remove by instruments with anestesia and 1 day hospitalization.