Soya Foods And Other Phyto-Oestrogens
Phyto-oestrogen containing foods have been found to be beneficialin the management of
The chemical structure of these is quite similar to oestrogen - female sex hormone. They are found in soya bean products, fibre of whole grains, fruit, vegetables and flax seed. The complete liquid food - milk too contains a fair amount.
Some instances in the research sphere shows that lower risk of hot flashes are observed in
Also consumption of Phyto-oestrogens regularly over several weeks showed reduced oestrogen levels in females. HRT cake which carries ingredients with high phyto-estrogens levels. This makes it ideal for hot flashes .
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.