Mechanism of Hot Flash
Hot flash is thought to be triggered by low levels of estrogen caused by the declining ovarian function that occurs during
According to Sue Davis, "There can be just hotness in the face, or some
The duration of a hot flash can extend anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes. But there are instances where an episode had stretched to about an hour or so. The duration and intensity of
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Avantina Sharma. (2018, March 21). Mechanism of Hot Flash . Medindia. Retrieved on May 29, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_mechanism.htm.
Avantina Sharma. "Mechanism of Hot Flash ". Medindia. May 29, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_mechanism.htm>.
Avantina Sharma. "Mechanism of Hot Flash ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_mechanism.htm. (accessed May 29, 2022).
Avantina Sharma. 2021. Mechanism of Hot Flash . Medindia, viewed May 29, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_mechanism.htm.