Diet In Hot Flash
The type of
- Pumpkin and sesame seeds are a source of L-tryptophan (an essential amino acid), which plays a role in mood control, and can be eaten freely. So consume nuts and snacks based on the above as well as other nuts.
- Avoid caffeine, as it is believed to block the absorption of calcium and other minerals. As alternative herbal teas, biotea, tulsi (Indian basil) tea should be consumed.
Additionally a few alternative therapies like herbs,
- Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) helps in relieving hot flushes and vaginal dryness.
- Tribulus and withania are androgen promoting herbs which may help to support adrenal gland function and promote ovarian androgen synthesis.
- Research says that supplemental magnesium can increase bone density in many women and prevent bone loss in others. This mineral may assist with improving and maintaining bone integrity.
- Phyto-estrogenic herbs may be useful for improving menopausal complications.
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Avantina Sharma. (2018, March 21). Diet In Hot Flash. Medindia. Retrieved on May 21, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_dietanswer.htm.
Avantina Sharma. "Diet In Hot Flash". Medindia. May 21, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_dietanswer.htm>.
Avantina Sharma. "Diet In Hot Flash". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_dietanswer.htm. (accessed May 21, 2022).
Avantina Sharma. 2021. Diet In Hot Flash. Medindia, viewed May 21, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_dietanswer.htm.