Description of Hot Flash
A sound explanation of this largely unexplained phenomenon could be put in words like: a burning sensation which strikes suddenly and extends from the face, neck to the chest.
The frequency of the hot flash can be from 1 to 2 two
Putting it in words of Associate Professor Sue Davis, Director of Research at Melbourne's Jean Hailes Foundation, "We really don't understand exactly what a hot flash is. What we believe is that there is an imbalance in the temperature centre in the
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.