Insomnia or disturbed sleep: This is caused at the onset of the hot flash which happens during the night. The other reason could also be social implications faced by postmenopausal
The psychological trauma: Many women also experience symptoms like irritability, depression, and anxiety. These are accompanied with
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Avantina Sharma. (2018, March 21). Hot Flash - Adverse Effects. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_adverseeffects.htm.
Avantina Sharma. "Hot Flash - Adverse Effects". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_adverseeffects.htm>.
Avantina Sharma. "Hot Flash - Adverse Effects". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_adverseeffects.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Avantina Sharma. 2021. Hot Flash - Adverse Effects. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hotflash_adverseeffects.htm.