Insomnia or disturbed sleep: This is caused at the onset of the hot flash which happens during the night. The other reason could also be social implications faced by postmenopausal
The psychological trauma: Many women also experience symptoms like irritability, depression, and anxiety. These are accompanied with
Hot Flash - References:
- Avantina Sharma, Textbook of Food Science and Technology, International Book distributor (IBDC) publishers, India.
- Albertazzi P et al. The effect of dietary soy supplementation on hot flushes. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998;91: 6-11
- Charles L Loprinzi et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flushes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Volume 356 Page 2059
- Jeri AR. The effect of isoflavones phyto-estrogens in relieving hot flushes in Peruvian postmenopausal women. Paper presented at: 9th International Menopause Society World Congress on the Menopause; October 20, 1999; Yokahama, Japan.
- Vasomotor symptom relief by soy isoflavone extract tablets in postmenopausal women: a multicenter, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Menopause. 2000 Jul-Aug;7(4):236-42.