Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I consult if I have jaundice or hepatitis?
Usually a general practitioner will treat hepatitis. Severe cases may be referred to a Gastroenterologist.
2. How can I prevent myself from acquiring hepatitis B?
You can protect yourself against hepatitis B with a safe and effective vaccine. To be fully protected three injections are required; day 0 - 1st injection day 30 - 2nd injection day 180 - 3rd injection.
Other measures that one can undertake for prevention of hepatitis B are-
- Change any abnormal sex behavior and use condoms while having unprotected sex.
- Wear gloves when touching or cleaning up blood on personal items, tissues, tampons or other items.
- Do not share razors, toothbrushes or pierced earrings with anyone.
- Make certain any needles for drugs, ear piercing or tattooing are properly sterilized or use disposable needles for this purpose.
3. Who is a carrier of hepatitis B?
A hepatitis B virus carrier is someone who has had hepatitis B in their blood for more than six months. A carrier usually has no signs or symptoms of hepatitis B. But remains infected with the virus for years or for a lifetime and is capable of passing the disease on to others.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2019, December 19). Hepatitis B - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 23, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hepatitisb-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Hepatitis B - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 23, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hepatitisb-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Hepatitis B - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hepatitisb-faq.htm. (accessed May 23, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Hepatitis B - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 23, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hepatitisb-faq.htm.