Written by Anil Golani | 
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Simi Paknikar, MD on Feb 23, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for gynecomastia?

As gynecomastia is caused due to hormone disorder, you should consult an endocrinologist to treat it. You may be referred to a surgeon if surgery is necessary.

2. Are there any complications associated with gynecomastia?

There are no major complications of gynecomastia as such. However, it can cause psychological or emotional problems due to personal appearance.

3. How common is gynecomastia?

Asymptomatic gynecomastia is seen in -
  • Neonates: 60%Ė90%
  • Adolescents: 50%-60%
  • Men: 70% (age 50-69 years)
However, symptomatic gynecomastia is less frequent.

Most Popular on Medindia