Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which specialist should I see if I have gonorrhea?

You should consult a Venereologist. They are also called STD or Sexually Transmitted Disease specialists. If it involves the urinary tract or genital tract in women and then you would need to consult a urologist or a gynecologist.

2. How can I protect myself against gonorrhea?

Latex condoms minimize the risk of acquiring gonorrhea. After contact, the exposed parts should be washed with soap and water, as soon as possible.

3. Should my sexual partner also take treatment?

Yes, the partner should be screened and prophylactic treatment given.

4. What are the Complications of Gonorrhea?

Complications in women may include -
  • Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) - an ascending infection that spreads from the vagina and cervix to the uterus and fallopian tubes. PID can lead to sterility.
  • Infertility

Complications in men may include-
  • Epididymitis- an inflammation of the testicles that can cause sterility in men.
  • Scarring or narrowing of the urethra
  • Collection of pus around the urethra

Complications in both men and women may include -
  • Perihepatitis- infection around the liver
  • Arthritis
  • Skin lesions
  • Other organ infections


Gonorrhea_i_love_it Monday, September 7, 2009

omg i just found out i have got Gonorrhea is caused by a bacteria Neisseria that grows and multiplies quickly in moist, warm areas of the body such as the cervix, urethra, mouth, or rectum and i am really fucken scared how do i tell my corey hillery?

guest Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well your life really sucks doesnt it

guest Tuesday, May 25, 2010

thats realy not nice at lest be nice to that person!!!...

Most Popular on Medindia