To prevent genital herpes infection the usage of condom must be made mandatory at all times during sexual activities.
The following methods are the sure- fire way of preventing genital herpes infection:
- Avoid all forms of sexual contact.
- Since that is quite difficult, indulge only in a single-partner relationship with a person who is tested negative for herpes.
- Make condom usage mandatory during sexual activities at all times. Female condom can also be used.
- Use only latex condoms and not animal membrane condoms.
- Those with herpes infection without sores must tell their partner that they have the infection. For those infected, abstinence is a good choice, especially if the partner is uninfected.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2021, July 28). Genital Herpes - Prevention. Medindia. Retrieved on May 24, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/genital-herpes-prevention.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Genital Herpes - Prevention". Medindia. May 24, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/genital-herpes-prevention.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Genital Herpes - Prevention". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/genital-herpes-prevention.htm. (accessed May 24, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Genital Herpes - Prevention. Medindia, viewed May 24, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/genital-herpes-prevention.htm.