To prevent genital herpes infection the usage of condom must be made mandatory at all times during sexual activities.
The following methods are the sure- fire way of preventing genital herpes infection:
- Avoid all forms of sexual contact.
- Since that is quite difficult, indulge only in a single-partner relationship with a person who is tested negative for herpes.
- Make condom usage mandatory during sexual activities at all times. Female condom can also be used.
- Use only latex condoms and not animal membrane condoms.
- Those with herpes infection without sores must tell their partner that they have the infection. For those infected, abstinence is a good choice, especially if the partner is uninfected.