Genetic Counseling - Steps In A Counseling Process
- Risk assessment & calculation of empric or mendelian risks.
- Apt and appropriate counseling will then be given.
- Explaining nature and transmittance pattern of disorders
- Providing occurrence rate and estimated risks for recurrence of the disorder in a future offspring.
MANAGEMENT OF DISORDER ( Postnatal or After birth )
- Reduce clinical problems
- Drugs / hormone therapy ; if required.
- Support groups and services.
- Developmental and infant stimulation programmes.
- Physiotherapy, exercise, speech and language therapy, diet and lifestyle
- Referrals to genetic clinics, providing information pamphlets regarding the nature of the disorder and psychological support services.