Interesting Features about above inheritance includes
- Males and females - equally affected
- 25% of offspring - Affected
- Horizontal transmission with chances of skipped generations is always present.
- Consanguinity between parents play a role in their condition
- The Traits are observed more commonly within smaller families.
a - affected chromosome with gene.
Examples of the above type of Autosomal dominant inheritance includes.
a) Adult polycystic kidney disease
b) Von - Hippele liadan ( VHL ) syndrome
c) Papillary renal cell carcinoma
d) Wilm’s tumour.
Intersting features about Autosomal Dominant inheritance includes the following.
- Males & females are equally affected.
- Vertical transmission - with an affected individual in each generation.
- Hamozygous dominant condition is often fatal.
- Prominent in larger families.
- Father to son transmission is possible