Last Updated on Jun 19, 2015

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which Doctor Should I Consult to treat my child for Galactosemia?

You should consult your child’s pediatrician, who will advise you regarding further treatment. If your child is suffering from galactosemia and you are planning for another, it would be a good idea to consult a genetic counselor for advice.

2. Does the condition also affect adults?

The condition of galactosemia is present from the time of birth and it never goes away. As an adult too, you would need to avoid any food and beverage that contains lactose.

Most Popular on Medindia