An orthopedic doctor should be consulted for a frozen shoulder. Alternatively, a neuromusculoskeletal doctor or a doctor specializing in arthritis and joint pain will also provide expert medical support.
2. What is menopausal frozen shoulder?
Dramatic changes in hormones increase the risk for a frozen shoulder. It has been found that women undergoing menopause are,,at an increased risk for a frozen shoulder.
3. What are the common hindrances that affect the quality of life in a patient with a frozen shoulder?
The common problems faced are:
- An inability to reach overhead
- Difficulty in sleeping through the night due to pain
- Pain caused while sleeping on one side (the affected side)
- Inability to reach your back Inability to reach for seat belts