Frequently Asked Questions1. Which specialist should I visit when I have a knee injury?
You can consult an orthopedic surgeon for this problem.
2. How can I reduce the pain when my knee is fractured?
You may raise the injured knee above the level of the heart once immobilized to help reduce pain and swelling.
3. What are the doís and doníts following a knee injury?
- Apply a sterile dressing to open wounds.
- Don't move the patient unless the injured area is completely immobilized.
- Don't attempt to straighten a fractured bone or joint or to change its position.
- Don't test a fractured bone or joint for loss of function.
4. What are the complications of patella fracture surgery?
- Painful metal implants- It is the most common complication of patella fracture surgery. Often a second procedure is performed to remove the metal implants.
- Non-healing fractures
- Knee cap pain
- Knee arthritis
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, November 12). Fracture of Knee Cap - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fracture-of-knee-cap-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Fracture of Knee Cap - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fracture-of-knee-cap-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Fracture of Knee Cap - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fracture-of-knee-cap-faq.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Fracture of Knee Cap - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fracture-of-knee-cap-faq.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Orthopedic Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
9 years experience
18 years experience
Progressive Spine and orthopaedic , Near IGIMS
7 years experience
Ashirwad Hospital, Vidhya Nagar