Written by Shivani Arora, M.A (Public Administration) | 
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Sunil Shroff, MBBS, MS, FRCS (UK), D. Urol (Lond) on Aug 29, 2015

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I go to for FAS?

Depending on the cause for the FAS, the doctors you see will vary. But since it is caused mainly due to a problem in the brain you will see a Neurologist and Neuropsychiatrist followed by a speech therapist.

2. Is the condition treatable?

Yes to a large extent it is treatable. By attending to the cause for the FAS and seeking some good counseling and speech therapy one can overcome this condition. But it does require a lot of patience as initially it may be an embarrassment to be suddenly speaking with a totally different accent.

Most Popular on Medindia