Conclusion of Food Additives
Although food additives have been in use since the Neanderthal era, they have gained huge popularity and utility in the modern times. The scientific use of readymade mixes, flavoring and coloring agents and essences have helped working women in particular, to keep up with the demands on their time. Additives also help in the manufacture of convenience foods that can be rapidly and easily prepared.
‘We are what we eat’ the saying goes. The wide array of delectable delicacies that have been made possible due to food additives, have been widely misused by the modern world leading to an increase in ‘food junkies’ and added to the burden of lifestyle diseases. Hence, moderation must be the key word and these foods, which have been developed for ‘convenience’, must be wisely and justly used.
- Food additives. - (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/277126/)
- Food Additives and Child Health. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6298598/)
- Food additives: From functions to analytical methods. - (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34058921/)
- Food additives: Assessing the impact of exposure to permitted emulsifiers on bowel and metabolic health – introducing the FADiets study. - (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/nbu.12408)
- Food Colour Additives: A Synoptical Overview on Their Chemical Properties, Applications in Food Products, and Health Side Effects. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8834239/)
- A review of the alleged health hazards of monosodium glutamate. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6952072/)
- New composite nitrite-free and low-nitrite meat-curing systems using natural colorants. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967773/)
- Cyclamates. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK402042/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Bina Naik. (2022, November 10). Conclusion of Food Additives. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 04, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/food-additive-conclusion.htm.
Bina Naik. "Conclusion of Food Additives". Medindia. Dec 04, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/food-additive-conclusion.htm>.
Bina Naik. "Conclusion of Food Additives". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/food-additive-conclusion.htm. (accessed Dec 04, 2023).
Bina Naik. 2022. Conclusion of Food Additives. Medindia, viewed Dec 04, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/food-additive-conclusion.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
10 years experience
4 years experience
3 years experience