Last Updated on Jul 04, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Flat feet?

You should consult a podiatrist or an orthopedic specialist for flat feet.

2. How do I know whether I have a flat foot?

Flat feet are easy to identify. When persons with flat feet stand or walk, theirinner footor arch flattens and their foot may roll over to the inner side.

3. Can flat feet occur due to genetic disorders?

Some cases of flat feet may be associated with genetic syndromes like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

4. Can a fallen arch be fixed with exercise?

If stretching and strengthening exercises are carried out at an early stage, the fallen arch could recover.

5. What percentage of population have flat feet ?

According to the 2012 National Foot Health Assessment conducted by the NPD Group for the Institute for Preventive Foot Health, 8 percent of U.S. adults ages 21 and older have flat feet.

Most Popular on Medindia