Things to Remember
- Eating one or two servings of fish weekly can reduce the risk of a range of diseases, from childhood asthma to prostate cancer.
- Fish is low in fat, high in protein and an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Healthy ways to enjoy fish include baked, poached, grilled and steamed.
- Avoid fish high in mercury such as shark, swordfish (broadbill) and marlin.
- Pregnant women, women planning pregnancy and children up to six years of age should choose the fish they eat carefully.
- People who regularly eat fish have a lower incidence of depression.
- Fish may help people with diabetes manage their blood sugar levels.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, February 25). Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Things to Remember. Medindia. Retrieved on May 18, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_things.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Things to Remember". Medindia. May 18, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_things.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Things to Remember". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_things.htm. (accessed May 18, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Things to Remember. Medindia, viewed May 18, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_things.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
1 year experience
Dt.Dharanya s clinic, Arul Nagar
7 years experience
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C