- 800 gms fish
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 green chillies
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped for garnish
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1-½ cups curd
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
Wash the fish pieces thoroughly, then marinate the fish in salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder, keep aside for 15 minutes.
Grind the yellow mustard seeds, green chillies, garlic cloves into a fine paste.
Whisk the curd in a bowl, add the fine paste and mix well
Heat oil in a vessel, deep fry the fish pieces, drain and keep aside.
Take another vessel, heat around 2 tablespoon of oil, add black mustard seeds and onions, fry till it turns golden brown, then add tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes
Add some turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste, let it cook for 8-10 minutes
Add the curd and spice mixture and cook for some 5-6 minutes
Now add the fish pieces to the gravy and cook for another 5-10 minutes
Add salt to taste and add some water if needed.
Garnish the fish curry with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Marinated and Grilled Salmon
- Fresh lemon grass
- ½ a small bottle dark soy sauce
- One bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 1 kg)
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 2 lemons
Bash up the lemon grass and mix with soy sauce, ginger, coriander and garlic.
Rub all this mixture over the salmon fillet.
Leave it to marinate for an hour on a tray and cover with a cling film.
Preheat the grill when you are ready to cook the salmon.
Remove it from marinade and rub with honey.
Grill the salmon fillet for 10 minutes.
Place in a plate and sprinkle with onions, chillies and coriander leaves.
Squeeze the lemon juice over and serve hot.
Tuna Steaks with Cucumber Relish
- 4 tuna steaks (about 140g)
- 3-tablespoon olive oil
For the Relish
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Put the oil into a food bag, add the tuna steaks and rub well, and leave for 30 minutes.
In a big bowl, mix together the cucumber, onions, tomato, red chili, parsley and lemon juice then set aside.
Heat the oil in the pan, and then cook each side of the steaks for 2 minutes.
Remove the steaks from the heat, allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
Then sprinkle over the prepared mixture of fresh vegetables and serve.