Healthy Ways to Cook Fish
Healthy ways to cook fish include:
- Baking - make shallow cuts along the top of the fish. Put into a greased dish and cover with foil. Flavor with herbs, lemon juice and olive oil. Bake at around 180°C and baste frequently.
- Shallow frying - dry and flour the fish. Place a small amount of oil or butter in the pan. Fry the fish at a medium heat.
- Grilling - cut slashes into whole fish to help the heat penetrate the flesh. Place fish on a preheated grill. Baste frequently.
- Poaching - not suitable for flaky varieties. Place fish in gently simmering stock. Whole fish should be placed in a pan of cold stock, which is then slowly brought up to a gentle simmer.
- Steaming - put fish in a steamer or on a plate over a saucepan containing gently boiling water. Cover.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, February 25). Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Cook Fish. Medindia. Retrieved on May 18, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_cook.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Cook Fish". Medindia. May 18, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_cook.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Cook Fish". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_cook.htm. (accessed May 18, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Advantages of Eating Fish Foods - Cook Fish. Medindia, viewed May 18, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/fishfood_cook.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
7 years experience
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C
12 years experience
Health and Nutrify clinic, Serlingampally