Healthy Ways to Cook Fish
Healthy ways to cook fish include:
- Baking - make shallow cuts along the top of the fish. Put into a greased dish and cover with foil. Flavor with herbs, lemon juice and olive oil. Bake at around 180°C and baste frequently.
- Shallow frying - dry and flour the fish. Place a small amount of oil or butter in the pan. Fry the fish at a medium heat.
- Grilling - cut slashes into whole fish to help the heat penetrate the flesh. Place fish on a preheated grill. Baste frequently.
- Poaching - not suitable for flaky varieties. Place fish in gently simmering stock. Whole fish should be placed in a pan of cold stock, which is then slowly brought up to a gentle simmer.
- Steaming - put fish in a steamer or on a plate over a saucepan containing gently boiling water. Cover.