Last Updated on Nov 05, 2019

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which specialist should I consult for filariasis?

You can consult a general physician or an infectious disease specialist.

2. How can I prevent filaria?

Filaria can be controlled with the detection and appropriate treatment of affected people (microfilariae carriers) and adopting measures to protect against mosquito bites.

3. What can I do to prevent mosquito bites?

Mosquito bites can be prevented by
  • Using insect killing aerosols
  • Using mosquito repellent creams, mats or coils
  • Using mosquito nets
  • Wearing protective clothing
  • Preventing breeding of mosquitoes with better practice of hygiene and sanitation.


Mah1985 Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I have a swollen legs since I am 10 years old as it increasing gradually till now am 30 years. i under go filariasis midnight test when i was 11 and the results became negative. deciding to take another test at this moment and the result came positive. what is your advice for this? what is the best medicine I should take to recover?

vikash09 Sunday, November 1, 2015

i have problem in my scrotem it is getting swolen tightly and give me pain very much after taking antibiotics i get recover give me prescribed dr and suggest

charansapcrm Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Mothers age is 58 years old. As per doctor's assumption she is suffering from fialria disease. Her one of leg is very heavy which is 3 times the other difficult . Not able to sit in floor also very difficult to walk. Before 4 months , she has suffered from kidney probelm , where dialysis has done 7 times . After that the legs are swollen. We want to know where the treatment and diagnosis is happening

jahufersadique Saturday, September 6, 2014

Iam 55 yrs.old male. colostomy surgery done for rectum ca in 2005. Now suffering with filariasis. Scrotum swollen and somtimes discharge secretion. Hetrazan - 100 mg. tablets 3 tim es prescribed. Can I come for further treatment

sony13 Monday, July 21, 2014

i am 30 years old, I am not sure but i think i am suffering from filaria, because last 6 month my left hand and breast very tight and swelling so plz give me suggestion.

View More Comments

Most Popular on Medindia