Frequently Asked Questions
You can consult a general physician or an infectious disease specialist.
2. How can I prevent filaria?
Filaria can be controlled with the detection and appropriate treatment of affected people (microfilariae carriers) and adopting measures to protect against mosquito bites.
3. What can I do to prevent mosquito bites?
Mosquito bites can be prevented by
- Using insect killing aerosols
- Using mosquito repellent creams, mats or coils
- Using mosquito nets
- Wearing protective clothing
- Preventing breeding of mosquitoes with better practice of hygiene and sanitation.