Frequently Asked Questions
You must consult a gynecologist.
2. Are all seizures that occur during pregnancy due to eclampsia?
No. It can also be due to small clots that block blood vessels in the brain and restrict oxygen or due to genetic risks.
3. How can I prevent eclampsia?
Presently there are no known preventive methods. It is important for all pregnant women to obtain early and ongoing prenatal care. This allows for the early recognition and treatment of conditions such as pre-eclampsia. Timely treatment of pre-eclampsia may prevent eclampsia.
4. What are the complications of eclampsia?
Eclampsia may cause pregnancy complications, including -
- Increased risk for cesarean section
- A lack of normal growth of the baby within the womb
- Separation of the placenta from the uterine wall
- Premature labor
- Suffocation at birth