(Drug Potentiating Factors) of Drug
A certain level of drug in blood is required for the benefit of medication. Low level of drug in blood may make the drug ineffective, while too high level may be toxic.
There are many factors other than dosage, which affects drug level in blood:
- Your body build and weight.
- Absorption of drug from Intestine.
- Presence of food in stomach.
- Rate of metabolizing (break down) of drug .
- Rate of drug elimination.
- Drug sensitivity to sunlight.
- Interactions with other drugs. (Increases or Decreases the Potency of this medication).