Illicit and Banned from Olympics
Some classes of drugs and techniques are banned from sports globally. However, during cough, cold and allergies, WADA has prescribed few drugs that are permitted to be consumed by athletes.
There are few drugs or techniques, which comes under the category of doping and are banned from the Olympics. They are:
- Anabolic drugs like steroids and testosterone
- Hormones and Growth Factors
- Diuretics and Masking Agents
- Oxygen Transfer Enhancements
- Physical and Chemical Manipulation
- Beta Blockers
In case of cough, cold, flu or other allergic cases, the athletes are permitted to take only those medicines that are prescribed safe by WADA. Vicks Vapor inhaler is prohibited from use since it contains levmetamfetamine, which acts as a stimulant. Several other cough syrups and analgesics are prohibited from the athletic events.
- ATHLETE GUIDE TO THE 2020 PROHIBITED LIST - (http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/what/usada_guide.pdf)