Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure
Disadvantages of using condoms-
- Failure of contraception if used incorrectly.
- Some individuals might be allergic to latex, and in such cases polyurethane condoms can be used as an alternative.
- Some people argue that condoms reduce sensitivity and pleasure during intercourse. Some people dislike interrupting sex to put on a condom.
Causes of failure -
- Improper application or physical damage.
- Breakage or slippage due to usage past the expiration date, improper storage such as exposure to too much heat or using oil-based lubricants such as petroleum jelly, vaseline, or oil.
- Using two condoms at one time. Female condom cannot be used in conjunction with a male condom.