Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure
Disadvantages of using condoms-
- Failure of contraception if used incorrectly.
- Some individuals might be allergic to latex, and in such cases polyurethane condoms can be used as an alternative.
- Some people argue that condoms reduce sensitivity and pleasure during intercourse. Some people dislike interrupting sex to put on a condom.
Causes of failure -
- Improper application or physical damage.
- Breakage or slippage due to usage past the expiration date, improper storage such as exposure to too much heat or using oil-based lubricants such as petroleum jelly, vaseline, or oil.
- Using two condoms at one time. Female condom cannot be used in conjunction with a male condom.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, September 24). Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/disadvantages-of-using-condom-and-causes-of-failure.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/disadvantages-of-using-condom-and-causes-of-failure.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/disadvantages-of-using-condom-and-causes-of-failure.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Disadvantages of using Condom and Causes of Failure. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/disadvantages-of-using-condom-and-causes-of-failure.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
1 year experience
Yoshitha Reddy, Kknagar
+ 1 more