Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Doctor should I ideally see if I am suffering from Diphtheria?
You should see a specialist doctor of Infectious Diseases.
2. Is diphtheria contagious?
Yes. It is highly contagious and spreads via direct contact with the infected person or through fomites.
3. Is diphtheria completely curable?
Yes. Diphtheria is completely curable if it is detected in the early stage of infection.
4. How soon after exposure do symptoms appear?
Symptoms usually appear 2 to 4 days after infection.
5. Where is diphtheria commonly found?
Diphtheria is commonly found in many parts of the world like the Caribbean and Latin America, Algeria, China, and Ecuador. Diphtheria bacteria live in the mouth, nose, throat, or skin of infected persons.