Treatment for Diaper Rash
- As soon as the diaper rash is seen remove the diaper and air out the area. Air dry the area as much as possible and use the diapers when it is absolutely required.
- Pat dry the area and apply mild creams or lotions.
- Creams containing zinc oxide or a petroleum jelly limit the contact friction between skin and the diaper.
- Diapers have to be changed as frequently as possible. Before putting on a new diaper make sure that the area is absolutely dry.
- If the baby passes urine or motion the area has to be cleaned using warm water and mild soap and the area is patted dry instead of scrubbing with a tissue.
- In case of secondary infection, antibacterial or antifungal cream is prescribed