Prevention of Diaper Rash
- Breast-feeding the baby for as long as possible protects the baby against the occurrence of diaper rash.
- Diapers have to be changed frequently.
- Diapers have to checked periodically for soiling.
- Air-drying of the diaper area has to be done as much as possible.
- Scrubbing of the perianal region has to be avoided. Instead the area should be washed with soap and water.
- Avoid using wipes or cloth for wiping the area.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. (2019, July 04). Diaper Rash / Diaper Dermatitis. Medindia. Retrieved on May 29, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/diaperrash_prevention.htm.
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. "Diaper Rash / Diaper Dermatitis". Medindia. May 29, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/diaperrash_prevention.htm>.
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. "Diaper Rash / Diaper Dermatitis". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/diaperrash_prevention.htm. (accessed May 29, 2022).
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. 2021. Diaper Rash / Diaper Dermatitis. Medindia, viewed May 29, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/diaperrash_prevention.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Pediatrician for your problem? Ask your question
11 years experience
Shri Mallikarjuna Newborn and Child Clinic, Vijayanagar
12 years experience