Incidence of Diaper Rash
Diaper rash is seen commonly in infants between the age of 9 months and 1 year or soon after they start wearing diapers. This condition can also occur in older children if they wear diapers.
The diaper rash is more common among -
- Babies who are bottle-fed versus those who are breastfed
- Babies whose diapers are changed infrequently
- Babies who wear diapers constantly
- If urine of stool stay in contact with diapers for a long time
- Babies who have been treated with antibiotics for a long time can also gets the rash