Diagnosis of Anxiety Attack
Not everyone who has anxiety / panic attacks is diagnosed with anxiety disorder. To diagnose whether it is a panic attack or you have panic disorder, your doctor will-
- Do a complete physical exam
- Order blood tests to rule out heart attacks, hyperthyroidism, and other such conditions
- Evaluate you on the basis of your symptoms
- Ask you about stressful situations, fears or concerns, relationship problems, and other issues affecting your life
Your doctor can make a diagnosis of panic disorder only if you experience recurrent panic attacks or panic attacks that come on suddenly, and then for at least one month you are continuously worrying about having further attacks.
- Frequently Asked Questions - (http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/ask-and-learn/faqs#n16)