References for Diabetes and Hypertension: Preventing a Toxic Combination
3. Danaei G, Finucane MM, Lu Y, Singh GM, Cowan MJ, Paciorek CJ et al. National, regional, and global trends in fasting plasma glucose and diabetes prevalence since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 370 country-years and 2.7 million participants. Lancet, 2011, 378(9785):31–40.
4. R Gupta, Trends in hypertension epidemiology in India, Journal of Human Hypertension (2004) 18, 73–78. doi:10.1038/sj.jhh.1001633
5. Carmassi F, Morale M, Puccetti R, DeNegri F, Monzani F, Navalesi R, Mariani G. Coagulation and fibrinolytic system impairment in insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Thromb Res. 1992;67:643-654.
6. Landin K, Tengborn L, Smith U. Elevated fibrinogen and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) in hypertension are related to metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease. J Intern Med. 1990;227:273-278.
7. Ford I, Singh TP, Kitchen S, Makris M, Ward JD, Preston FE. Activation of coagulation in diabetes mellitus in relation to the presence of vascular complications. Diabet Med. 1991;8:322-329
Author: Dr. Christopher Barry
Editor: Dr. Simi Paknikar