Symptoms of Dengue Fever
- Sudden onset of high fever, which may last two to nine days.
- Severe headache mostly in the forehead
- Joint and muscle pain, and body aches
- Pain behind the eyes which worsens with eye movement
- Nausea or vomiting of coffee coloured matter
Recognition of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever and shock Symptoms similar to Dengue fever, plus any one or a combination of the following:
- Severe and continuous pain in the abdomen
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth, skin bruising
- Frequent vomiting with or without blood
- Black stools like coal tar
- Excessive thirst (dry mouth)
- Pale, cold skin
- Skin rashes maculopapular rash or red tiny spots on the skin, called Petechiae.