Symptoms of Dengue Fever
- Sudden onset of high fever, which may last two to nine days.
- Severe headache mostly in the forehead
- Joint and muscle pain, and body aches
- Pain behind the eyes which worsens with eye movement
- Nausea or vomiting of coffee coloured matter
Recognition of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever and shock Symptoms similar to Dengue fever, plus any one or a combination of the following:
- Severe and continuous pain in the abdomen
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth, skin bruising
- Frequent vomiting with or without blood
- Black stools like coal tar
- Excessive thirst (dry mouth)
- Pale, cold skin
- Skin rashes maculopapular rash or red tiny spots on the skin, called Petechiae.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, September 14). Mosquito Diseases - Dengue Symptoms . Medindia. Retrieved on May 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/dengue_fever_symptoms.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Mosquito Diseases - Dengue Symptoms ". Medindia. May 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/dengue_fever_symptoms.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Mosquito Diseases - Dengue Symptoms ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/dengue_fever_symptoms.htm. (accessed May 28, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Mosquito Diseases - Dengue Symptoms . Medindia, viewed May 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/dengue_fever_symptoms.htm.